May 06, 2019 | Cbonds
|Cbonds prepared monthly report «CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: ISSUE STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES» for April 2019. |
The report gives data on global EM and DM, and selected regions: Asia, LatAM, CEEMEA (and separately CEE, CIS, Middle East and Africa), country pages for Russia and the USA.
Download the report: GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
League tables are built using League Tables Generator (free access, authorisation required)
April 2019 Highlights
- New issues amount among EM dropped by 21% to $270 billion;
- Mexico got back to Euro-denominated bonds and sold 2 tranches for €2.5 billion after 1 year time-out;
- Saudi Aramco borrowed $12 billion in 5 tranches;
- EM league table leaders in 2019 are JP Morgan ($21.4 bn), HSBC ($19.6 bn), Citigroup ($19bn), Standard Chartered Bank ($15.9 bn) and Deutsche Bank ($11.9 bn);
- DM league table (excl. USA) leaders in 2019 are Barclays ($36.2 bn), Citigroup ($34.8 bn), Bank of America Merrill Lynch ($29 bn), JP Morgan ($28 bn) and HSBC ($27.4 bn);
- Legal advisors league table leaders in 2019 are Linklaters (73 deals), Allen & Overy (65 deals), Clifford Chance (41 deals) and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (25 deals).